Member Profile - Jack Stites

Location for Club Business discussion
Forum rules
Consider that all information, data, pictures, and opinions posted are fully available to the general public. While this may not support viewing rates similar to social web sites, all information in these forums should considered that it will be viewed by the internet public and automated data retrieval system.

All postings should be by RCMB club members for their use or for data exchange with the club at large.

Postings are subject to moderator/admin approval and may be removed.

Improper language in posts will not be acceptable.

Any posted SPAM or unrelated material will result in material and account removal.

The accepted language is English for all postings.

Any posted SPAM or unrelated material will result in material and account removal.

The accepted language is English for all postings.

You need to be registered member for access to posting/replying on Forums.

Postby JackStites » Fri May 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Biographical Sketch of Jack Stites

Chief Instructor, President and Past President of RCMB and Honored Recipient of RCMB’s Lifetime Achievement Award in 2009

Originally from Littlestown, PA, I spent four years in the U.S Navy, specifically in the Naval Air in anti-sub warfare from 1954 – 1958. After my service in the Navy I entered the Peabody Conservatory of Music, which is part of the Johns Hopkins University. My music training was from Peabody and all academic classes were done through Hopkins. After I graduated, I taught in the Baltimore School System as Band Director, mostly at Loch Raven. While teaching, I received a Master’s Degree in Education from Towson State. I retired from teaching with 31 years of service and then worked as a technician copiers and fax machines for another ten years. I am now 76 and am truly enjoying retirement.

I spent 20 years in organized target and field archery, For six years , I was the Mid-Atlantic Councilman for the National Field Archery Association.

Then I started into RC models and that is what brought me to this point in life. I worked my way up to big and fast and then slow planes, I taught my son and he is a corporate pilot now and files all over the world. I do get him on the ground sometimes so we can still enjoy the hobby together.
JackStites

Re: Member Profile - Jack Stites

Postby Clarence » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:52 pm

Jack:

I never knew those things about you. Thanks for the post.

Clarence
Clarence

Postby ambren » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:58 am

German Dunkards were among the first settlers in Hamilton County, arriving with Benjamin Steitz (Stites) from New Jersey in 1788, but immigration was slow at first. In 1820 Germans made up just 5% of the population.

Mass immigration began in the 1830s with Cincinnati's boom in the meatpacking and shipping industries and brought political refugees after the 1848 Revolution in the German states. Between 1840 and 1850, the German population increased almost tenfold, and in 1860, 30% of Cincinnati’s population was of German stock.

The biggest wave of German immigration to Cincinnati occurred in the 1880s. In 1890, 57% of the total population of nearly 300,000 was either born in Germany or had German parents.[1]
Wonderful
ambren

Member Profile Jack Stites

Postby TimothyBib » Fri May 24, 2019 11:05 am

Do you know if its the Jack Walden from Del City, OK? He was a knifemaker but was selling etching machines and stencils when I knew him. I lost track of him about 5 years ago.

Al P.
TimothyBib

Return to Business