Member profile Ron Stahl

Location for Club Business discussion
Forum rules
Consider that all information, data, pictures, and opinions posted are fully available to the general public. While this may not support viewing rates similar to social web sites, all information in these forums should considered that it will be viewed by the internet public and automated data retrieval system.

All postings should be by RCMB club members for their use or for data exchange with the club at large.

Postings are subject to moderator/admin approval and may be removed.

Improper language in posts will not be acceptable.

Any posted SPAM or unrelated material will result in material and account removal.

The accepted language is English for all postings.

Any posted SPAM or unrelated material will result in material and account removal.

The accepted language is English for all postings.

You need to be registered member for access to posting/replying on Forums.

Member profile Ron Stahl

Postby ron stahl » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:39 am

Just as other members have recently done here's my profile for all of you that might be curious. I began my aviation interests way back as a child of the late sixties. As an only child my parents they saw my interests were nurtured by a weekly visit to the local hobby shops. I was fortunate to have a flying field just down the street from my parents business in Woodlawn as driving to northern Baltimore county to the RCMB field in the Gunpowder State park was not an option and run their business. Here's where I differ from most hobbyists, I began as a self taught builder and flier. I did have some help from Bill Street and Geray Silitti back then, for the most part from 1974 until I joined the club after graduating from high school in 1977 I was not a member of any club. I did fly with other local men in Woodlawn who were not really very helpful as they were a loosely organized group and not a club. I saw the need to have formal training since I could fly ok but landing was a fear filled event each flight. Several members helped me get passed the fear and off we went. Thirty five years later we are here with many accomplishments including: president of the club several times, vp several times, secretary ( taking over for Stacy Pass),chief instructor,and MARC Show co director with Dave Mitchell. I now serve as our field cook, and am running for club secretary for the 2013 BOD. I am a life member and while I no longer pay dues I feel that serving in my duties as cook and secretary I can continue to serve the club well into the future. We have a fifty year history and need to look forward to our future while not forgetting the past or repeating mistakes in running the club like having a weak leadership group, upsetting our membership, and lastly building trust with our neighbors and respecting their concerns while impacting our flying at a minimum level.
ron stahl

Return to Business